10798278592_IMG_4904.JPG

Hi.

Welcome to our blog. We document our adventures in fitness, plant based food, travel and rescuing dogs. We also post FREE workouts with playlists to keep you inspired, and host rhythm-based cycle instructor trainings all over the country!

Balance In Your Diet

Balance In Your Diet

What is the best diet?

The best diet is the one YOU can stick to. One size doesn’t fit all, in anything in life, so why would that apply to a diet? Here’s what works for us, and why:

We believe in BALANCE within our plant based diet. For us choosing between abs and donuts isn’t a thing, and we credit that to our 80/20 motto. We eat well 80% of the time, which includes fully vegan, well balanced meals that fuel us for our workouts. The other 20% includes champagne- our favorite, and all the sweets (we grew up eating dessert every night). It’s not realistic for us to try and generally cut out sugar or carbs, those things make us HAPPY, so we don’t. We also try not to go overboard with our indulgences. We find that if you satisfy cravings with reasonable choices they tend to go away.

Life is intended to be enjoyed, and swinging your body into unrealistic diets is recipe for disaster. How many people do you know who have lost weight this way just to gain it back? Us too. For a diet to be effective long term it has to be a lifestyle choice, something you can live by 80% of the time. The best diet for YOU is the one you can stick to!

We suggest starting by setting small, realistic expectations for yourself, see how that goes for a couple weeks, then reevaluate. If you find yourself hungry, tired, or grouchy what you’re doing probably isn’t a good fit. No happy life includes those qualities, so why pretend that’s going to stick?

When we want to “clean it up” we cut ALL dairy and gluten- and it works like a charm. Just a week makes a huge difference that we can see and feel from the inside out. Remember though, every body is different. How you feel is more important than how you look, but let’s be real, we all want to look as good on the outside as we feel on the inside. Work to create healthy habits that become your lifestyle, indulge when you want, cut back when you need, and if something isn’t contributing to your happiness LET IT GO.

Meet Baby Karl

Meet Baby Karl

Let's talk about FOOD & Tacos

Let's talk about FOOD & Tacos

0